BELIEVE IT OR NOT, SUMMER IS COMING & THE RENO RIVER FESTIVAL WILL KICK IT OFF!
It’s been a long wet winter, which has created the most exciting conditions for professional whitewater competitions in the 14-year history of the Reno River Festival. The Truckee River is roaring and so will downtown Reno this May 13th & 14th. The Reno River Festival will showcase more than 60 of the world’s top whitewater athletes at one of the country’s top ranked whitewater courses on the circuit. Professional men, women and junior’s will compete for more than $10,000 in Freestyle, Boatercross & Slalom caterogories.
“In 2015, for the first time, the Reno River Festival could not hold whitewater events due to low river flow. It’s hard to believe that less than two years later, the festival will see record water levels that will once again showcase Northern Nevada as America’s great outdoor adventure destination. These conditions will definitely keep audiences on edge once the athletes hit the water.” said Neil Horning, partner at Liquid Blue Events.
Liquid Blue Events purchased the Reno River Festival back in 2015 with the goal of revamping the event to bring in more outdoor/summer activities for the general public to get involved. The first addition to the festival, Liquid Blue Events introduced a highly successful Craft Beer Village and the following year added in the extremely popular family friendly costumed bike ride, The Reno River Roll.
Jess Horning, partner at Liquid Blue events added, “After a winter like this, we know people are counting the days until warm weather hits. People are chomping at the bit to get outside and get active. The Reno River Festival kickoffs Northern Nevada’s event season and we are going all out. We can’t wait to announce all the additions and changes we are implementing at this year’s festival. We will have something new for everyone. We are anticipating this will be the largest Reno River Festival to-date.”
Over the next several weeks, Liquid Blue Events will be releasing all the details of a jam-packed Reno River Festival schedule. Some of the highlights will include:
– An expansive music lineup that will showcase two of the most notable national headliners in the festival’s history, which has included current top billboard artists Old Dominion, Clare Dunn, Drake White and Jeremy McComb in recent years.
– The return of the Reno River Roll
– A vastly expanded Adventure Park
– An expanded Craft Beer Village
New element’s will include
– Reno’s Great River Raft Relay
– An intimate wine tasting Village overlooking the Music Festival
– Mother Daughter look-a-like contest
– Kid’s themed costume days
– A fundraising partnership with Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful